Tuesday, February 12, 2008

P.A.D. February 11th


We were stuck inside yesterday because it was so cold, so I took pictures of my captives, I mean, children. Peyton is at the stage where she can't be bothered to pose and won't sit still very long. Liam sees the camera and yells, "Chee!" So I either get great pictures or really bad ones. I'm still not using my flash, so I'm having to open my aperture really wide and use a high "film" speed on my digital camera. If the kids are moving, I get blurry pictures, but if they sit still for even a moment, they turn out well. These are a bit grainy due to the high ISO, but I love them in black and white.

Doing this project makes me even more aware of how much I don't know about photography and how much more equipment I would love to have. I really want to get a few more lenses and a software package to add to my Photoshop, but that will all have to wait (until I win the lottery or go back to work someday). In the meantime, I'm using what I have and discovering just how much I can do by changing options in my camera's menu. It's amazing what can be adjusted. It will be interesting to go back and look at all the pictures that I took over the course of this month. I think I have about 130 pictures in my iphoto right now just from February. I promise not to load them all onto Kodak gallery later! I just went and looked and I have 219 from February already!

No comments: