Saturday, December 20, 2008

Santa Claus and Liam

My sweet Liam has a love-hate relationship with Santa, Batman, inflatables that move, some stuffed animals, etc. This is a nice way of saying that he can be a big scaredy cat sometimes. I didn't want to push him to get his picture taken with Santa, but I know it's an important tradition for me and my mom, so we figured we would take it slow. We got to the mall in Richmond just as Santa was going on break, but the sweet staff told us they would go ahead and take our picture. Liam was reluctant to sit on Santa's lap, but he did agree to sit on the big stuffed reindeer. He climbed right on and was fine, smiling and laughing. Peyton climbed onto Santa's lap and I was excited that we would get a good picture, and then the ladies started to jingle bells and ask the kids to look at the camera. Liam's face crumbled and he started to bawl and climb off the reindeer. They snapped the picture anyway and I think it's funny and sort of sad at the same time. I keep hoping he will get over some of the irrational fear and enjoy things.

We went to look at some of the most amazing Christmas lights I have ever seen last night. We even got out of the car to look at some of the houses and he was scared of the lights. Oh well. That's my Liam!

No comments: