Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rainy Day Fun & a Visitor





Last Saturday we had a substantial downpour (that lasted all of 5 minutes or so). Mark had been standing on the porch with Peyton and Liam and he said, "I'm going to go run around the apple tree" and then took off. Before I knew it, all three were playing in the rain. They ran in the yard, up and down the street, in the driveway, and sat in the gutters letting the rain water hit them like a mini tidal wave. They were hilarious and so of course I grabbed my camera!

Our special visitor was a beautiful luna moth that arrived one morning and stayed on the front of our house all day. We were fascinated by it and kept going out to see if it was still there.

We are very excited by the fact that there are only 3 days of school left for Peyton. We cannot wait to experience summer and all of the fun things we have planned!

3 comments:

Gorby family blog said...

Looks like fun! My kids love playing in the rain, too! But there's something about my arms getting wet in the rain that drives me batty, so I always stay inside :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

What a beautiful moth! I've never seen one in real life :)

DEBBIE said...

Wow! Never seen a moth like that!
My children still have one month until summer holidays... which means that I still have more school uniform to wash!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!lOL

DEBBIE MOSS

P.S- By the way, your little ones are very adorable!