Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quiet time for Mama

I am relishing in this time while Liam is in preschool. Three mornings a week I have about 3 hours to myself! Most of that time is spent running errands, grocery shopping, etc, but I am trying to fit in some down time. I spend a lot of time with the kids, because that's my job, and as much as I adore them, sometimes I need to have an hour or so to do nothing. Today I'm at a local coffee shop, Greenberry's, using the free wi-fi and just enjoying the quiet. I wrote some letters and updated my concert band spreadsheet and surfed the blogs I like to read. I do have to run soon and pick up a gift card on my way to get Liam, but that's the biggest errand I have to do today! Ahhhh peace and quiet! I am one of those people who loves to be around others, but I also really crave alone time, time to read, or sit with a crochet project, or to listen to my ipod. If I get some time to do that each week, it really refreshes me and helps me get through the more busy times!

We have a ton of stuff scheduled for the rest of September and October. Every weekend has some family function or a scheduled event. I enjoy visiting with family and having guests in our home, but it can also be a bit stressful to know that we're going to be traveling so many weekends in a row. November looks good so far, but I'm sure it will fill soon. I think we'll probably do nothing that month except T-giving travel. Mark needs to have time to work on his schoolwork and the kids need time to rest from school, so hopefully we'll be able to stay put in November and December!

No comments: