Monday, June 9, 2008

Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease

Well, it's going around, the hand, foot, and mouth disease. We had it confirmed today that Liam has this virus and is contagious until the end of the week. He has a few blister-like sores on his hands and feet and tongue and they don't itch or seem to bother him, but he is the crankiest I have seen him in quite a while. Right now he is in his crib screaming at the top of his lungs and has been doing this for about 15 minutes. I can't get him to tell me what he wants, he just screams, so he's in a mom-imposed time out. It's either that or I'm afraid my eardrums are going to explode from the shrieking! I had to call a bunch of parents from church yesterday and give them a heads-up. I felt bad because we were "those parents" that dragged their sick kids to church!

Mark took part in an 1850's court case reenactment this weekend and we attended the Court Days Festival. I'll post pictures later. It was SO BLAZIN' hot this weekend, but the kids and Granna braved the heat well. Mid to upper 90's the rest of the week. I hope it cools down in time for our outdoor concert Sunday and for our upcoming camping trip. When it's already 80 degrees by 8am, you know it's going to be a scorcher! Hot days make for a cranky mama too!

No comments: