Monday, September 29, 2008

Maymont Park

My mom has a picture of me and my brothers in this exact pose when we were little!
Japanese Garden
Checking out a friendly goat
Posing in front of the Maymont waterfall

We went to Maymont Park in Richmond almost 2 weeks ago and I'm finally getting around to posting the pictures. I loved Maymont as a kid and had wanted to take my kids and finally did it. Very little has changed in the 15 or so years since I last visited. There is a new nature center with river otters, fish, and lots of turtles that both kids enjoyed. I love the grounds and we walked around the entire park during our visit. There are a lot of animals there to see, black bears, goats, cows, bison, cows, and even a bald eagle. Liam said his favorite was the "bufflo."

We have yet another busy week planned. We're heading to spend a few days with Mark's parents this week. We are hoping to spend a day at Frying Pan Park and another at the National Zoo. We've visited the zoo every October for the past 2 years and this will be the last year. Next year I won't be able to take Peyton out of school. I can't believe she's 4, have I said that already! We celebrated my niece, Callie's, 5th birthday this weekend. I still remember holding her when she was brand new and now she's 5! I guess it's true that time flies.

This is a short post because I have to get the kids up from rest time soon. Peyton has her intro to dance class today and then we're going to the playground (I promised Liam).

No comments: