Friday, April 11, 2008

So gorgeous outside

I cannot get over our spring weather. It has been in the 70's the past two days. I got ambitious yesterday and cut the grass (until the self-propelled action stopped working suddenly) as a surprise for Mark. Then I had to call and try to get his help to fix it. He ended up finishing the last third of the backyard, but hey, I tried! I sprayed roundup on a bunch of weeds and did some mental planning of where I want to plant new things. We spread a little more mulch last night and talked together about making some changes to the landscaping in the front yard. I miss our old house's landscaping. We had a blank canvas and did so much work before we moved. I went to bed last night thinking about how much the trees had grown there and wondering how it all looked. Well today I drove by our old house and was mighty disappointed. There are dandelions all over the yard and the bushes all need pruning BIG TIME! It made me feel really sad that they weren't taking as good care of it as we did. I know that we're pretty picky about our yard and want it to look nice, so maybe they just haven't had the time to get around to it yet. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Took the kiddos to the park today, but not Grandad's castle park, to Peyton's dismay. She started crying as soon as we got to Hillandale and we almost went home. We played hard on the playgrounds and then took a fairly long walk. I ended up carrying Liam because his little legs were tired, but Peyton walked the whole way. She picked up a few "hiking sticks" and even brought them home. Liam crashed on the way home and I had to wake him for lunch. He was not happy about having to be inside and kept begging to go back outside. I'm sure we'll be heading out to the yard as soon as he wakes from his nap.

Happy spring to all. I hope you are getting a chance to enjoy the nice weather!

No comments: