Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Still sick, but here's the cure

We are still feeling sick in the Meadows' house. Mark went to the doctor yesterday and since it's a viral thing, there's not a lot they can do for him. He is taking Sudafed, cough syrup, and using nasal spray, and that will at least give him a decent night's sleep. Mine has migrated from my head into my chest and I'm now coughing (thanks Mark for this fantastic virus...j/k!) Hopefully we're on the mend and will feel better soon. It stinks to feel sick when it's so nice outside. We've been holed up in the house taking over-the-counter drugs and staying away from people. Peyton had pink eye on Friday, but since we caught it early, it was looking better by Saturday morning. She's on her last day of eye drops today. The Claritin is working for Liam and he is finally starting to look and feel better. I swear when it rains it pours. We were all so healthy during the winter and then we got nailed! Hopefully this is it for a very long time.

Yesterday I was feeling so miserable, but I wanted to eat something sweet, so I found a recipe for very easy cinnamon rolls. I made the dough in the breadmaker and then rolled it out, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar and then let it rise. Then I cooked them and drizzled with glaze. SO YUMMY! They were a big hit with Mark and Peyton too. Liam wasn't interested for some reason, but hey more for us! I'll definitely be making these again!

No comments: