Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day




I'm sure by now that you are so sick of hearing about the election, but I had to throw in my 2 cents. I'm not going to tell you who I voted for or who I think you should choose, but I am encouraging you to get out and vote. Mark got up at 5:45am and had voted and was home again by 6:30am. I went at 9:30am and had no trouble at all getting in. In fact, I was surprised at how easy it was to park and get through the doors. I was expecting lines and a wait, but was pleasantly surprised at how organized it was. In Harrisonburg we still use paper ballots, so they hand you a ballot, after confirming your identity, and you fill it in like a scantron test. I'm going to use my "I Voted" sticker today for a free coffee at Starbucks, after I go to the dentist. Then I'm going to give it to Peyton. She saw Mark's sticker and asked for one. I tried to explain voting to her yesterday and it was an interesting conversation.

Here are a few pictures of my polling place. I took the one of the inside and then got yelled at by an election official. Oh, did you know that you can't wear any political shirts, buttons, hats, etc. into your polling place? They had shirts available for people to wear over their shirts if they wore one that supported a party or candidate. I personally think that is ridiculous, but apparently it is an old law that has never really been enforced.


No comments: