Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Visiting JMU






I took Peyton and Liam to visit Mark at his office last week and we made a stop by the lake to feed the geese. I swear the geese have multiplied since I was a student. We used to sit by the lake and do homework, but now you can hardly walk without stepping in a pile of goose poop. We took a long walk around campus after we fed the geese, mostly so we could scrape the poo off of our shoes.

The weather has been cold the past two days and it feels like fall. I feel a need to eat lots of warm soup and to drink lots of coffee. In fact, I've been drinking WAY too much coffee because it makes me feel warm. I'm trying to encourage the kids to play outside even when it's a little chilly because they get crazy if they don't play. I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time at the library and children's museum this fall. The time change drives me crazy because it's dark by 5:30 and so there's not much time after naps to play. But we didn't have any difficulty with the kids adjusting to it.

I'm feeling renewed today and at peace. The kids are at preschool and the house is very quiet. Yesterday was a rough day. I was so impatient and frustrated all day and just so tired. I didn't get a great night's sleep last night, but it was enough because I'm feeling better. I left the house this morning and had breakfast at Mr. J's Bagels and spent time reading there. Now I'm going to work on a few Christmas presents. I hate thinking about Christmas before Thanksgiving, but since we're making a lot of our gifts this year, I have to get them done. It should make December a very calm month!

1 comment:

Mark Meadows said...

What is up with Mr. Wrinkly-Face?