Friday, March 27, 2009

Experiment

We are going to attempt to make homemade pasta tonight. We'll mix it in the bread machine and then roll it and cut it. I'm excited to see how it compares to the boxed stuff. It's been a LOOOONG day. For some reason I feel more tired than usual. Maybe it's the gloomy dreary weather, but I'm hoping for a good night's sleep tonight so I can wake up refreshed.

Mark and I are driving to Lexington, VA for a funeral tomorrow. Mark's freshman year roommate, Chris Carter, passed away suddenly this week. The sadness for me is that I only recently reconnected with him through Facebook. I had often wondered what had happened to him and was thrilled to catch up online. I have been feeling very sad this week about friendships that I've let fall away and in not doing more to let my friends know they are special. There are all these hundreds of comments on his FB page telling him he's another angel in heaven, that God is laughing with him, etc. As much as I hope Chris is in heaven, I don't know if he was saved. I have been feeling that sorrow for a lot of my friends. Do they really know Jesus? Do they believe that He came to save them from sin? The book we're reading in Sunday school has been really convicting and has made me question my life and they way I'm living. I have never been bold about my faith and maybe I need to be. Maybe I need to not fear rejection or fear that God will ask me to do something out of my comfort zone. Maybe I need to pray that He'll guide me and be really willing to follow, even if it makes me uncomfortable.

No comments: