Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wishing for Spring



It is an extremely gloomy day today. I haven't seen the sun in 2 or 3 days now and it's just damp and nasty. But the rain has been great for the grass and our sprouting flowers. The grass is looking a little greener and the bulbs are pushing even further out of the ground. We also have lots of things sprouting inside in preparation to be planted in the garden.....radishes, cilantro, lettuce, spinach, etc. I think we're all getting excited about our garden. I know I'm ready to eat some fresh home-grown produce! Peyton, Liam, and I are headed to Richmond on Thursday to spend a few days. I have some stuff to consign at my mom's church this weekend and we're hoping to spend some time with friends too.

I need to plan a lot of mid-week trips through the summer because starting in late August we'll be at the mercy of Peyton's school schedule! It's still hard to believe that my baby is starting kindergarten. One of my neighbors, who also happens to be Peyton's Sunday school teacher, keeps telling me to relax and to listen to my elders, that Peyton will be fine. I know that deep down, but I also worry that she'll be surrounded by so many kids who have vastly different backgrounds and families than hers. I'm so glad that God goes with her wherever she is and that he'll be beside her. She is so excited about school that she can hardly stand it. I look forward to the changes even as I worry about them.

No comments: