Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring...glorious spring


It is lovely here today. There is a slight breeze blowing and the birds are singing like crazy. It is supposed to be high in the 50's today and then in the 70's this weekend! After snow on Monday, the warm temperatures are welcome! I planted sweet pea seeds in this little purple bucket last week and Peyton noticed today that we have sprouts! I love that she gets excited about growing things.

Pretty soon it will be time to till our garden plot and plant our seeds. I can't wait to see what we'll be growing this year. I know tomatoes will be high on the list and probably zucchini and radishes again. I bought basil yesterday that we need to get into a pot. I don't think you can ever have too much basil! I can already taste the homemade pizzas covered in basil and tomato/ basil/ mozzarella salads...yum!

We were supposed to go skiing with Peyton this weekend, but somehow I don't think there will be a whole lot of snow on Massanutten Mountain. Our plans may have to change considering the warm weather.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

aw, good luck with the skiing... I had to cancel our trip this year for fear of being stuck in white-out conditions in the sierras... next year for sure!