Monday, April 20, 2009

Circus!






Mark's dad treated us to the circus on Saturday and it was awesome! I don't think I've seen the Ringling Bros since I was in elementary or middle school. I did see the Cole Bros Circus a few years ago, but it was not at all like the Ringling Bros. Cole Bros is under a big top tent, but it's like comparing apples to oranges in terms of animals and pageantry. Anyway, it was certainly a spectacle and the kids loved it. Liam kept pointing to things and Peyton was literally speechless! We went to the pre-show and tried on costumes, watched jugglers, and saw the clowns close-up. Liam was fine until the man on stilts walked right past us. Then he started acting nervous and was ready to go sit down. We tried to get close to the elephant, who was painting a picture, but the crowd was pretty thick, and Liam was really unhappy at that point. He was riding on my shoulders and had a death-grip on my head!

I think my favorite part were the acrobats, the trapeze artists, contortionists, etc. They had men and women hanging on long ribbons winding themselves in them and then dropping, much like Cirque de Soleil. It was impressive. I'm so glad we got the chance to go with the kids. They really did have a blast!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I would love to take the kids to the circus! Looks like you had a great time there, but it is too bad Liam got a little scared. I bet it was a bit overwhelming with all those wierd sights to take in.