Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend



We had a lovely Easter weekend. We were going to attend a local egg hunt on Saturday, but the morning was cold and wet so we decided to just stay home. The kids spent most of the morning in their jammies and we just puttered around for hours. We colored eggs with the kids and Liam and I made a quick trip to the farmer's market, but that was about it.

We attended the 8:30am service at church on Sunday, then went to Sunday school, then taught the 11am children's church. It was a very busy morning, but I don't think there is any better place to spend Easter Sunday than church. We have talked a lot about the Resurrection and about Jesus' sacrifice and I think some of it is penetrating their minds. Peyton told me that the empty plastic Easter eggs are like the tomb, empty, because Jesus is risen! Liam told me that Jesus died on a cross. I love hearing them talk about God and Jesus. I try to incorporate our faith into our everyday lives. I feel like my job is to lead them to a relationship with Jesus, so I am actively modeling my faith for them, even though I fail often, and I'm talking to them about Jesus a lot.

It's Monday now and our neighbor's daughter is here playing. So far, so good. All three kids are behaving and being very kind to one another.

No comments: