Monday, July 6, 2009

It's July already!


Liam swims solo in the baby pool
Like father/ like daughter - they both LOVE knawing on a chicken bone

Using the "float boat" to paddle around the baby pool

Fireworks in McIntire Park - I used my old point and shoot for this one
I cannot believe it is July 6th. Vacation Bible school was incredibly fun and busy and I had a ball, but I'm glad to have less to do this week. Peyton resumed swimming lessons today. Her instructor could tell she had been practicing, but she was also really silly and wasn't listening to him very well. I hope that won't continue, that she'll listen and be learning. She is not a natural in the water like Liam. She expects to be perfect and be able to swim without having to practice, so we keep reminding her that it takes time and practice to be a great swimmer.

We spent July 4th in Charlottesville with my sister-in-law's family and with Mark's parents. We went to the pool and then watched fireworks. We had a great time, but we didn't get home until after 11:30 and on Sunday the kids were exhausted. They were supposed to sing in front of the congregation, but Liam rolled around on the floor until I picked him up and Peyton sat on the steps with a glazed look on her face. Liam fell asleep on my lap and slept through the service, then he took a 3 hour nap that afternoon. Even Peyton stayed in her bed during rest time and read books quietly. They are still catching up and hopefully will be back to "normal" soon. Liam's sleepiness results in really ugly behavior and disobedience and it's really been a struggle!

No comments: