Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The sounds of SILENCE

The kids are at preschool today and the house is SO quiet. I am listening to the sounds of silence right now, the birds singing outside, the traffic noise, the sound of a diesel engine in a gigantic US mail truck that drives up our street every day. I appreciate these sounds much more since having my kids. When they are home I hear a lot of things, toys hitting the floor, the screams when someone takes someone's toy away, the laughter as they play together, the little songs Peyton makes up to entertain herself....I love these sounds, but sometimes a girl just needs some silence to hear herself think. Today I have a bunch of stuff to do for the consignment sale I took part in earlier this month. I have to do data entry so I can get volunteer hours, so I'll sign off now and get ready to do that. Have a great week and enjoy the sounds of your homes and lives!

No comments: