Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Springtime is so lovely

I LOVE the change of seasons. The birds are singing today and it is so lovely outside. I did a lot of cleaning this morning and rewarded myself with a delicious latte and time to read on the deck. I took our basil, rosemary, and cilantro outside for some sunshine too. They're looking a little weepy. I'm a little disappointed in our mild winter because I would have really liked a big snowstorm this season, but I am excited about getting started on some outdoor projects and in resuming the painting of the inside of the house. Mark and I have already talked about what we want to do with our landscaping this spring/ summer and now we just have to find the time for him to do it! I swear as soon as it gets warm and stays warm, the first thing I will do is paint our bedroom. I have to touch up a wall in Peyton's room first (where she ripped a shelf off the wall), but then on to our room. Peyton wants me to paint it pink, but I think I'll go with something more earthy, like a nice dark brown. When I told her it would most likely be brown, she then suggested brown with pink stripes! It is amazing how many projects we can find to do in and out of the house. I'm not sure if it will ever be "perfect," but I look forward to at least getting rid of some of the old paint and window treatments and making it more our home.

Hope you all enjoy the nice weather and get a chance to see the beauty of God's creation firsthand this week!

No comments: