Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cool Craft


This craft idea has been floating around in cyberspace and I had to give it a try with the kiddos. We bought small canvases from the craft store and I let each child choose a paint color. Peyton chose apple green and Liam chose red. I poured the paint into a plate and let them fingerpaint the canvas a solid color. Then we wiped their hands dry and they made hand and foot prints over their fingerpainting. This was the end result of Peyton's art. Liam's was too dark to photograph. I LOVE this project and can't wait to find a spot for it. I wish I had stripped the kids down to their skivvies because they got a bunch of paint on their clothes and it didn't come out.

Granna is hosting a tea luncheon for the girl cousins tomorrow at a local tea house. Peyton is SO excited to go have tea with her Granna. What made it even more special was the invitation she got by mail today. She was thrilled. I'm hoping to get a few nice pictures to post of our luncheon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow - those paintings turned out great! They're like abstract pieces of art. And green is my favorite color. What a fun project to do with the kiddos!