Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nature's Bounty


Ahhhh delicious veggies from our garden. I need to go make one more loaf of zucchini bread before we leave for the beach. I have several friends who have promised to come pick veggies for us while we're gone and I hope they remember. I don't want our vines to stop producing before we get to enjoy the fruits of Mark's labor...especially the tomato fruits! We have eaten a grand total of 3 of our tomatoes so far and they have been so delicious. I am really excited to make some bruschetta and some homemade salsa and sauce.

We are in the midst of packing for a beach vacation. I did mountains of laundry today and have packed the kid's bags and am in the process of doing my own laundry before I pack for myself. I still have to get all of Randy's doggy stuff packed up for her week at Uncle Craig's house and have a bunch of odds and ends to gather. It may be more stressful to prepare for a vacation than it's worth! Peyton is so excited and keeps asking when we're going to leave. I am looking forward to seeing her face as she sees the ocean for the first time as a child, not a baby. It is going to be so much fun. Gotta run...more packing to do!

No comments: