Friday, May 16, 2008

Blackberry Cobbler


Oh yum yum yum! This was a very easy and delicious treat that I made last night to surprise Mark when he got home from a conference. The kids were asleep so we got to enjoy some without having to share! It was good today too. I think I'll make this for our Memorial Day picnic at the family farm. I might change it up and do blueberries instead, but the blackberries were really good.

We have had a lot of rain lately and it has been a little chilly, more spring-like, but after enjoying 80 degree days, it's hard to go back to low 60's! I'm hoping for some warm sunshine tomorrow because we'll be attending a book festival at JMU. Right now the trees are really blowing in the wind and the sky is fairly dark, so I'm sure we'll have rain before the afternoon is done. Liam crashed and is asleep now and Peyton is singing quietly to herself in her bed. I'm scrapbooking at church tonight...YAY...and so I just finished packing up all my gear. I have got to take less pictures this year. I have already completed two albums for 2007 and I'm still not done with December. I'll have to include that month in with my 2008 album(s). We just do so many activities and I take so many pictures. I have tried to weed them out, but I still end up with enough to fill multiple albums. The Creative Memories albums can only hold so many pages, so I'll have to cut back! I think after I complete the 2007 pics I'll work on my high school album. I have finished one for my JMU years and one for my wedding, but haven't gotten around to high school. The sad thing is that I don't remember most of the people in the pics, so it will be an interesting book when completed. I'll probably have a lot of the concert programs and band pics and my soccer team pics and be done with it. High school was 15 years ago this June...yikes! Now I feel old.

No comments: