Friday, May 23, 2008

Michael's Arts and Crafts Store

I LOVE going to Michael's except I have one little problem. I get interested in something new and want to know how it works and what I can make using new things. We took the kids earlier this week and spent almost an hour just browsing the racks and buying a few supplies for a craft that I'm working on (it involves dried flowers and modge podge). I walked through aisles of beads and jewelry making supplies, scrapbook and stamping things, paints, candle making supplies, etc. I just want to make stuff, but I really can't afford to get roped into another big hobby. I already spent a lot of time and energy on scrapbooking and photography stuff.

I completed my high school scrapbook this week...woo hoo! I also took a lot of random pictures of the kids and scrapped them into an album that Janice got me for Christmas two years ago. Now I need to go buy a bunch of supplies so I can get started on my 2008 album. Creative Memories has changed the sizing of their albums and pages, so I need to get the new ones so I can get started on '08.

I'm glad that I'm passing on a love of creativity to our kids. They love to color and paint and play with stickers. As they grow it will be fun to do more advanced crafts with them, things that require more than 5 minutes of attention!



Here's a picture that I posted a week or so ago. I played with it a bit in Photoshop and I love how it turned out. I love the nostalgic look of it. I also just think it's a really sweet picture of my babies!

1 comment:

Gorby family blog said...

I know what you mean! I could live in there! I wish they had fabric, though. I went through a jewelery making phase, too, but I wear it all of the time so I guess it wasn't a total waste. My mom and I are in the middle of a project today that we got ourselves into by browsing :)