Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Book Festival




We really enjoyed the local PBS station's book festival this weekend. Peyton has looked forward to this "festibal" since we attended last year. The kids each got two free books and we all enjoyed great live entertainment. Liam LOVED the music and sat for a long time listening to these two guys play guitar. He provided accompaniment with the shakers. I swear they sang "This Land is Your Land" about 50 times before moving on to "If I Had A Hammer." Then Liam went to listen to the Turner Ashby High School Jazz Band and Mr. Mike's Drummers. Peyton loved all the costumed characters and was sure to track down the Chick-fil-A cow! It was fairly chilly on Saturday and the wind made it feel almost cold at times. We had a picnic on the balcony of Mark's office and sat shivering while we were eating, but we still enjoyed the day. We had to stop by and see Duke Dog too. He's a major attraction for the kids whenever we're on campus.

Well, I am off on a trip down Memory Lane! I'm working on my high school scrapbook and I've finished sorting the memorabilia and pictures and I'm ready to start putting things on the scrapbook pages. I have enjoyed laughing at my various hairdos and prom/ Homecoming dresses. I'm so glad that the fashions and trends have changed. I can't imagine having to maintain a perm and crazy bangs like I had in high school. I'm sure Peyton will get a kick out of seeing these pictures. She loves the ones of her dad with a mullet!

No comments: