Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day gift

(Poster was my gift from Peyton - sorry about the bad picture)

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! I had a very nice day with my family. Mark got up early and made a fantastic breakfast for me, a complete surprise. There were flowers on the table and quiche, scones, fruit, and berry parfaits for dessert. You have to love a breakfast that ends in dessert. Liam was running a minor temperature so he and Mark stayed home and I took Peyton to church. The sermon was awesome. Our pastor talked about the things his mother taught him about Jesus. It reminded me that my biggest assignment as a mom to Peyton and Liam is to teach them to love Jesus and if I achieve that, then I've done my job well.

Peyton's Sunday school made a poster for each mom featuring pictures of their own kid (they had the kids decorate the matte with buttons). I started to cry when Peyton gave it to me and she wanted to know why I was sad. It was so touching and really I would much rather have the sweet handmade gifts than a gift card or spa treatment. I'm a mom and so I appreciated getting to spend time with my children and husband today. It was a really great day.

No comments: