Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

Yesterday Peyton was talking about how much she like playing with sticks. She had been collecting them while we were outside playing. I told her that when her dad was little he liked to play with sticks, rocks, and dirt. I told her that was something that she got from her dad. She thought for a bit and said, "I'm like you and like dad." (She gets really fired up when someone tells her she looks like Mark. She always tells them she looks like her mama.) I told her that she was a little bit like dad and a little bit like her mama because we made her. She thought about that and said, "No mama, Jesus made me." I was amused and humbled at the same time. Yes, ultimately Jesus did make her. We helped, of course, but it was His hand that was at work to create sweet Peyton Jane. I am blessed every day because of this little girl!

No comments: