Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Indoor Bonfire




When it's too cold to head outside and your daughter wants to roast marshmallows, what's a dad to do....build an indoor bonfire! Mark got a good fire going in the fireplace last night and then we all roasted marshmallows for s'mores. What Peyton really meant by wanting to roast marshmallows was just to eat some plain, untoasted ones! She and Liam had great fun with the marshmallows. I enjoyed my s'more and ended up with perfectly toasted 'mallows! YUM!

We took a trip to the Children's Museum today. Peyton wanted to stay home and watch movies all morning, but I said no way and off we went. It is only getting up to around 30 degrees today, but I'm so tired of just sitting around the house. We stayed there for almost 2 hours and the kids had a great time. It's almost lunchtime now and then rest and then Peyton's dance class tonight. I'm also waiting excitedly for news of my first nephew's birth. He is coming sometime today and I know his tired mama is ready!

No comments: