Monday, August 18, 2008

Amazement Square, Lynchburg

Amazement Square, downtown Lynchburg
Liam LOVES Thomas the Train


Checking out the kaleidoscope with dad
Crawling through an "artery" in the body exhibit

Here are a few pictures of our day at Amazement Square. The kids absolutely loved it and it was worth the 2 hour drive, although I don't think it's a trip we'll be making again any time in the near future. We have now visited all of the reciprocal children's museums in the state of Virginia. We're hoping to visit Port Discovery in Baltimore before the end of the year.

It's just after 3pm and Liam is sound asleep for his nap and Peyton is actually reading in her bed and resting very quietly...a total miracle! Her friend came over to play this morning and I swear, if I heard one more tattle, I was going to scream! They were constantly calling my name or running up the basement stairs to tattle on each other. I finally told them that if they came to me complaining one more time, the friend had to go home. They settled down a bit after that and played nicely. Everything is a competition with those two...who has the most beautiful dress-up clothes, who can run faster, who has more toys, etc. etc. Mark and I keep stressing to Peyton that life is not a constant competition and that being kind and loving is WAY more important than being pretty or having the most stuff. Hopefully it will sink in!

No comments: