Saturday, August 9, 2008

Cute Kids and a wild critter in our shed!

Why oh why is it so darn hard to get a decent picture of my kids? I keep hoping that as they grow it will get easier. We went to hear Marlon Foster and Friends at Fridays on the Square last night and as we were leaving, I got them to sit still on the steps of the courthouse for a picture. I love their faces. I processed it using a method I found on a blog I like to read. I think it looks sort of antique-y and cool.

Today was probably the laziest Saturday ever. We were expecting a visit from a college friend and his family, but their son was ill, so they decided to stay home. Liam woke up at 6:30am and Mark convinced him to go back to bed. When we woke up at 9am we could not believe that both kids were still asleep! What a gift to be able to sleep in today. Mark easy baked with the kiddos while I made bacon and pancakes and by the time I cleaned up the breakfast dishes, it was 10:30! We hung out in the house most of the day, cleaning, playing, snacking, etc.

After the kid's rest time we went outside and they played with the water table. I went to the shed to get the poop scooper and Randy was going crazy barking and lunging just inside the shed. Mark thought it was something underneath beacuse rabbits often hide under it. When he looked closer he thought it might be a dead cat. He got Randy into the house and put on his boots and gloves to go deal with it. It was a possum, and it was not dead. It had been "playing possum" while Randy was barking at it. Mark tried to shoo it out of the shed using a rake and a wall made of cinderblocks and a crate, but it climbed over the wall and retreated to the back of the shed. He had to move a bunch of stuff out of the way to get close to it, but he finally got it to leave the shed with a few pokes of the rake! It squeezed under our fence and took off for the front yard and we lost sight of it after it went under the bushes. I'm hoping it didn't get into the garage! I wish that I had grabbed the camera because it was pretty big, but I thought it would run out of the shed the first time Mark poked at it and I wanted to see it. That was probably the most exciting thing that happened this entire day!

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

That pix of the kids is adorable!