Monday, August 18, 2008

Pee pee in the potty!

Liam peed in the potty! His diaper was dry when I went to get him dressed in his jammies on Friday night so I asked him if he wanted to sit on the little potty. He ran into the bathroom and sat down and got this really intense look on his face. Mark was in the bathroom helping Peyton brush her teeth and I told him to look because Liam was going to pee and he did! We cheered and danced around and kept telling him he was such a big boy and he was so proud of himself! We let him flush the pee down the big potty and he was so excited. Since Friday all offers to sit on the little potty have been rejected, but we are not going to push the issue. Forcing Peyton to pee never worked, so we'll just let him take it at his own pace. Never did I think that seeing someone pee on the potty would be cause for celebration, but it's a major deal when you have little kids!

I keep thinking how amazing it is that they are growing up so fast. We will celebrate Liam's 2nd birthday in less than a week! I can't believe he'll be 2 already. Sometimes I think it was just yesterday that we were dealing with colic and praying for him to just stop crying. Now he is so sweet and cuddly and fun. It won't be long before diapers are a thing of the past and we'll be dealing with other fun things!

We took the kids to Lynchburg on Friday to Amazement Square, an awesome 4-floor children's museum. We had a ton of fun, but it was really crowded. I was a little worried about the crowds, but it didn't seem to bother Peyton and Liam. I'll post some pictures later so you can see how much fun they had! Off to Kohl's to find Peyton some pants that don't make her underwear "saggy."

No comments: