Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday Baking




Thanksgiving was fantastic. We spent a few days with family in Fredericksburg and ate ourselves silly! We celebrated Mark's birthday, his sister's birthday, and our niece's birthday. We also had a fruit tasting session with the cousins and craft time. The kids were so tired when we got home that they didn't move when Mark moved them from the car to the couch. I'll post some pics from T-giving later.

I made my first bread, sans breadmaker, last week. I made two white loaves and they were pretty good. It was really therapeutic to knead the bread and to do it all from scratch. Even though I enjoyed the whole process, we did go out and buy a new breadmaker last night. I use it so much that it's worth the money. We got a great deal on it at Kohl's and I made a loaf of wheat last night! I also made two apple pies last week that were so yummy. I am getting better at making my own crust. It's taken a lot of practice, and there are a few tricks I'll use next time to make it even better.

Now we're off and running toward Christmas. I finished putting my Christmas cards in envelopes today and mailed about 30 of them. I need to get a few more stamps before I finish the rest. All of my gifts are pretty much done. I need to do a lot of wrapping and have 3 more to buy. I'm trying to slow down and enjoy the season.

No comments: